Dienstag, Juli 19, 2016

... in five minutes - Guinevere Glasfurd

Place of your birth?
Almost in the back of a Land Rover, but in the end, a hospital, in the north of England.
Are you a morning person or a late riser?
Morning person. Up with the birds.
Favourite TV Series / or film?
I hardly watch TV any more. My husband and I binge-watched Game of Thrones on DVD over Christmas. I'm still recovering.
Your idol?
Anyone, but anyone, who can sing.
When did you start writing?
Creatively? Ten years ago.
Food / drink you like most?
Good cheese. Very good gin.
Who or what inspires you?
My Grandmother, who died last year.
Is there something that you would like to learn?
French, again.
Your favorite place?
The beginning of a story. And the road from Thornton-in-Lonsdale to Dent.
What is your favorite genre in music?
I listen to so much; Gypsy Jazz at the mo, as my husband has a Gypsy Jazz band.
Is your desk tidy or reigns there a chaos?
Desk? What desk? The whole house is my desk.
Do you have pets?
Three cats and one very elderly hamster called Bandit.
Do you have a vice / guilty pleasure ?
An afternoon nap. Sometimes.
Favorite town or favorite country?
Impossible to say, but I'm drawn to the north.
Besides writing, what else would be your dream job?
Potter. Bridge designer. Job share, maybe?
With whom would you like to go for dinner once (living or deceased / real or fictitious person)? George Orwell.
Do you have a favorite word?
'Thermometer castle' -- it's what my daughter called a gasometer, when she was three.
Your favourite colour?
It was purple until UKIP hijacked it.
Which book are you reading at the moment?
Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys.
What three things would you take to a desert island?
Clay. Ice. A rose bush. 


The following book by Guinevere Glasfurd is available in German:
  

Links to Guinevere Glasfurd: 
Homepage
Facebook
Twitter